You probably heard of The First Law, superb books. Amazing catchphrases, really action thriving, and a great story. If you want to know how to read The First Law series just keep reading.
The First Law is a medieval fantasy series written by Joe Abercrombie. At first, this series consisted only of a trilogy and therefore it was pretty easy to know the proper reading order but the British author wrote also three stand-alone novels set in the same world. If that was not enough, there is an upcoming trilogy whose first book, A Little Hatred, will be published in September 2019.
In what order should I read The First Law?
If you are wondering the proper order for this series, in this case, I recommend you reading them in published order since it is at the same time the chronological order.
Quick note: there are also short stories which I didn’t include in this reading order. In case you want to read them, I suggest you do it after reading Red Country. Considering the short stories, that is the best way to read The First Law books in order.
Here you go, this is the best order to read this series:
The First Law reading order
- The Blade Itself (The First Law trilogy)
- Before They Are Hanged (The First Law trilogy)
- Last Argument of Kings (The First Law trilogy)
- Best Served Cold (stand alone novel)
- The Heroes (stand alone novel)
- Red Country (stand alone novel)
- A Little Hatred (Upcoming trilogy) 2019
- The Trouble With Peace (Upcoming trilogy) 2020
- The Beautiful Machine (Upcoming trilogy) 2021
If you were wondering what is the best order here you have the answer. Keep reading!