Either if you are here because of the Mortal Engines movie adaptation or because of my book suggestions for kids, or maybe none of those, and it’s just because you wanted to know more about the Peter jackson new movie, as they call it. No matter why you want to read Philip Reeve books. If you want to know how to read Mortal Engines series, here you will find the answer.
This story is set in a post-apocalyptic universe and it’s part of the fantastic and adventure genre. This books audience was originally for young teenagers, even so you will enjoy this story no matter your age.
In what order should I read Mortal Engines?
In case you are considering the proper order for this series, I recommend you reading them in published order. Mortal Engines consists of two sagas, the original series is a quartet while Fever Crumb is a trilogy. Fever Crumb is actually a prequel, but despite that, I advise you to read it after the original tetralogy since the prequel has a different tone.
Here you go, this is the best order to read this series:
Mortal Engines read order
- Mortal Engines (Mortal Engines quartet)
- Predator's Gold (Mortal Engines quartet)
- Infernal Devices (Mortal Engines quartet)
- A Darkling Plain (Mortal Engines quartet)
- Fever Crumb (Fever Crumb trilogy)
- A Web of Air (Fever Crumb trilogy)
- A Web of Air and Scrivener’s Moon (Fever Crumb trilogy)
If you were wondering what is the best order here you have the answer. Keep reading!